What is FHEM?
FHEM is a open source server for home automation that is written in Perl. It can perform repeating tasks at home, such as, switching lights, heating, rolling shutters. It can also record an visualise data such as temperature, humidity, power consumption.
Optional Step (Rasperry Pi only):
- Select the menu
- After that
Change Timezoneand select the time zone of the current location (this is important for the correct time settings in FHEM)
We can now proceed with the installation of FHEM
- Update the packages, install updates, remove unnecessary packages and reboot the system.
sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade -y && sudo apt-get autoremove -y && sudo reboot
- Install required packages
sudo apt-get -f install && sudo apt-get install perl libdevice-serialport-perl libio-socket-ssl-perl libwww-perl libxml-simple-perl -y
- Download and install the current FHEM version (Replace 5.7 in the code snippet with the current version number) http://fhem.de/fhem.html#Download)
sudo wget http://fhem.de/fhem-5.7.deb && sudo dpkg -i fhem-5.7.deb
- Delete installation file
sudo rm fhem-5.7.deb
- Setting user access rights for the FHEM folder
cd /opt sudo chmod -R a+w fhem
- Add the current user and FHEM to the group tty to gain read/write access for this device (it is important later on when receiver are connected via USB, e.g. CUL)
sudo usermod -a -G tty pi && sudo usermod -a -G tty fhem
piin the code snippet by the currently used user name. You can get the current user name through the terminal command
- Open the url
http://192.168.x.y:8083/fhem/in a browser of your choice and the FHEM web interface should appear (Replace xy with the IP adress of the Raspberry Pi).